Steam Account Learn more
9.99€ 3.60€ -64%
DescriptionInspired by chess, but adding combat that YOU control, Archon was the original Battle Chess. You must try to outmaneuver your opponent using teams of fantasy creatures or monsters in this epic struggle of Light and Dark. On the chess board, when you challenge a piece, you are teleported into a Combat Arena where you fight in REAL-TIME until only the victor emerges to claim the square on the chess board. Conquer your opponent by defeating all of their pieces on the chess board or claim all the Power Squares for a quick victory! You can play Free-For-All mode, where it's everyone for themselves, or play using teams and gang up on your opponents pieces in battle (2 vs. 1.)
Archon:Classic can be played using USB controllers (the best way) or with keyboard and mouse. First developed in 1983, Archon quickly became a hit and instant classic because of it's unique combination of action and strategic gameplay. We've recreated it to play just like the original, but we've added enhancements for today's gamer. So grab some friends and experience the classic game that started the Action/Strategy genre.
- Up to 4 Player support...pure mayhem in battle!
- Play in "Free-for-All" or "Teams" mode
- USB controller support
- Optimized to run even on on netbooks
- 3 Different Boards (Modes) to play
- 4 AI settings with 3 different personalities
- Various spells to use
- 18 pieces per team, plus others you can summon
- Pieces gain experience and level up
- Primary and Secondary abilities
- Choose modern or classic icons
- Fully Featured 1 Player Campaign called, "Conquest"
- Conquest features 4 campaigns (over 60 quests)
- Over 16 hours gameplay on Conquest alone!
- Tracking and Statistics per game (fully featured)
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- OS: Win XP or later with .NET framework installed
- Processor: x86-compatible 800 mhz
- Memory: 512 MB
- Graphics: At least 64MB memory
- Hard Drive: 250 MB
|Categories||Single-player, Multi-player, PvP, Shared/Split Screen PvP, Steam Achievements, Partial Controller Support, Steam Leaderboards, Remote Play Together|
|Release date||2 Nov, 2010|